If you are selling a product or service through your website, it is necessary to provide super-fast processing each time a customer places an order, since low-loading pages leads to buyers losing their patience and quickly moving on to a faster website. That is why it is imperative to incorporate shopping cart software so you can conveniently list products or services, and collect subsequent payments.
How many types of printing shopping cart software is available?
Along with getting printing shopping cart software, you also need a business bank account and secure payment gateway that accepts multiple modes of payment & automatically processes the transaction. Uploading product descriptions, images, prices etc. is done after the shopping cart has been set up. They are available in two versions:
- Buy the software and install it on your server – it involves one-time payment. If you aren’t too sure about how to set it up (it can be quite complex), get it done by a website designer. You also get loads of customizable features and add-ons.
- The 2nd model is relatively simpler as there is no need to configure or maintain any aspect – installation can be DIY even if your experience in software is limited. However, you might find it tough to customize leased software and consistently pay monthly or yearly fees.
Some of the Top Printing Shopping Cart Software in 2015:
- Shopify is ideal for small businesses, as you can install, operate and manage it with ease. It contains a myriad of features including Web Host, website builder, inventory management, online storefront, payment gateway, customer relationship management (CRM), and so on. No need to be tech-savvy – setting up takes very little time! It also has SEO capabilities to improve the rank of your website on search engines.
- Magento – It is an open-source, totally customizable software, so you can tweak your online store with numerous tools and options, just the way you want it. If you wish to run and manage multiple stores, they can be integrated onto the Magento dashboard and operated from a single point.
- Selz – The digital download market continues to grow every day. Opening a digital store that sells and distributes e-books, software, video stream subscriptions, music, etc. can be an extremely profitable venture. Build the store, let the software process orders, accept payments, and generate download links – very user-friendly indeed!
A few shopping carts are absolutely free of cost and provide numerous useful features, but there is a risk because free versions don’t have robust support or documentation. It is best to opt for paid commercial shopping cart software that is both reliable and easy to use.