Are you planning to invest in printing business? Today, on this post, I will show you some tips on How to startup your own printing business 2020. Let’s discover it.
Tips On How to startup your own printing business 2020
1. Identify the target market
One of the first and most crucial steps to take whenever you’re thinking of starting your own printing business is to identify the target market. Usually, many entrepreneurs will try their best and build a business without spending the time and effort required to conduct the appropriate research.
After that, gathering evidence that your business will be successful. You want to make sure you do this before you invest more time and money in the startup so that you save that capital if the market proves to be non-existent.
As a printing business, you want to ask yourself the following questions.
- Is my position too saturated? Are there too many printing locations in this area?
- Is the area easily accessible to printing materials and equipment? Or will it be very expensive to start a business?
- Has any competitor gone bankrupt in this location? Is that a sign the area is unable to sustain the printing business?
Once you’ve gathered the data to prove that yes, the placement you choose can and will sustain a business, then you can start operations and full growth.
2. Choose your niche
To start up your own printing business and make it profitable, one of the first things you have to do first is to decide on the direction of your activity in printing. It depends on your existing professional skills, finances, and understanding of customer insight. Below are some of the popular types of printing business you can take on:
- Printing on ceramics: Creating unique ceramic tiles, plates, cups, vases, teapots by allowing customers to draw their own design. You can get deals with companies that want to make their own merchandise. A mug or a set of the teapot is a thing that can be used every day. Also, this can be used as a present in any situation: as a gift from enterprises, weddings, birthdays, etc.
- Printing on phone cases: Nowadays, using smartphones is becoming popular. To keep the phone always durable and beautiful and to avoid damage when falling, printing on phone cases is a new trend today. Not just simply phone cases with many colors or simple images. Nowadays, customers always want to own unique images, eye-catching designs, and exclusive phone cases. In addition, the likelihood of wanting to update new trends creates more frequent demand. Therefore, investing in printing on phone cases will certainly generate high profits. Profits for companies selling phone cases can be compared to the profits of companies selling smartphones themselves.
- Printing on shirts. Tshirt has always been a popular type of shirt from the past up to now, from the old to the young because of the comfort that users do not have to spend too much money to buy. Almost people have a whole set of tshirts: for work for the gym, for a picnic, etc. And of course, many companies and social movements use tshirts as branded clothing and for advertising purposes. Hence, all large organizations and ordinary people can be your customers. Besides, did you know that tshirt printing business is a $ 20 billion a year industry? So, printing on shirts may be a big chance for a startup.
3. Start small with affordable equipment
When you are planning to start up your own printing business, you don’t have to use the most expensive and high-end equipment right off the bat. Instead, you want to make small investments on a few good printing equipments that make your job done.
This is because you want to make sure your business will be working well before you start with a larger amount of capital on this project.
However, the success of your business depends on the quality of the equipment you are using for printing. So, there is no need for high-end or expensive equipment but it’s better to get a complete product solution.
4. Create your design by Online Design tool
You can take ideas from the internet and sell products to customers. However, it’s always better to provide something special and unique for your customers that will raise their demand. So, to make it easy, you can use the web to print technology to make it convenient for both you and customers.
I can recommend some useful design tools to help you out with WordPress Online Design. This is the powerful tool of Web to Print stores. It is very useful for both printing shop owner and their customers. The free Media library is available on WooCommerce Online Designer Plugin and the printing function are the outstanding features compared to our competitors
5. Promote products
Instead of doing many projects, focusing on one project with good results will give you more experience. Provide samples, consult, and interact with customers to make them most satisfied. Happy customers are the best way to advertise because they will personally refer you to others.
Second, we recommend creating a website, making a business card, and starting a social group.
Another option is to start with an account on Shopify or another eCommerce platform.
The price of equipment for printing business
One of the most important things, when you are planning to start up your own printing business, is knowledge and experience. We recommend that you allocate about 30 – 40% of your initial capital to advertising. If we talk about the printing business, an entrepreneur needs about $15,000.
The price of equipment for printing on t-shirts
If your starting capital is not large, then it is extremely important to plan closely about your costs, all types of costs, and expected income. We advise you to research the market for consumables, carefully compare the cost of the necessary equipment, and do not rush to spend money. You will need a PC, a scanner, a printer, and a camera – all of these you can borrow or buy used equipment before.
Such equipment can cost anywhere from $ 1000 to $ 5000. If you aim for the quality and quantity of people, then we recommend buying a thermal printer for around $ 2000 and buying t-shirts in quantity big on Amazon.
The price of equipment for printing on cups
The equipment needed to print on the cup costs between $ 1000 and $ 4000. Like a T-shirt, it’s better to buy the cup in bulk. This time you’ll need inks for printing, a personal computer, a scanner, an inkjet printer – about $ 1300, and a professional camera, starting at $ 400 if the client wants to take pictures and print it immediately.
The price of equipment for printing on phone cases
The equipment needed to print on phone cases includes a vacuum press, a printer, ink, special sublimation paper, and of course blanks themselves. You will spend the largest amount of money on equipment. It will cost from $1000 to $5000$. But in the end, you can gain even triple the profit.
Above is The article of Tips on How to start up your own printing business. I hope that I have brought so much essential information to you guys.
If you want to discover more about my website and look for solutions or tips about the web to print solutions, eCommerce, or this printing industry, let access web2print.solutions or you can visit CMSmart.net.
Keep waiting for me for the next post
Leave comments in the section if you have any questions about my post. I am willing to answers all of your questions.
Thank you and Best regards.